"Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak."
One minute the Spirit is full, placing a peaceful and serene estate upon me while basking in the ease of His yoke and the weightlessness of His burden, and the next an overwhelmed load of life all but seems to drown out His presence, comfort and warmth. I am weak, I am fragile, I am vulnerable, I am frail. I need Your mercy Lord, for I am a sinner. Evil is ever before me, and I long to be set free.
Take me to the rock that is higher than I. Allow me to survey the expanse of Your ways, just far enough to trust that my next step will not cause me to stumble. I beg of Thee to shield me from my own self, ever thinking that I am sufficient without You. Keep my weakness ever before me that I may always remember my dependence upon Thee. Then in my awareness, permit me to rejoice that in spite of myself You love, You forgive, You empower, You embrace, and You sustain.
I am nothing without You, I am nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment