"Now whom you forgive anything, I also forgive. For if indeed I have forgiven anything, I have forgiven that one for your sakes in the presence of Christ, lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices."
'Forgiveness is a powerful thing, Lord, powerful indeed. And perhaps something that's equally as powerful is no forgiveness at all, which then leads to all kinds of other troubles, especially from Satan himself. He's no force to take lightly, and his devices are subtle, intricate and cunning. A simple thing like forgiveness, so many times impeded by pride, gives a foothold for the enemy, and it's not just a foothold into the one who's failed to forgive, but spreads like cancer to others within the body of Christ. It's apparent that Paul understood that and intervened on behalf of the Corinthians to spare them from the schemes of the devil. This "one" who wronged the church in Corinth needed forgiveness, and Paul granted it in the presence of Christ when the others acquainted with him would not.
Roots of bitterness are not sweet at all. (cf. Hebrews 12:15) They find every nook and cranny of space they can feed off of to sustain themselves. The one sure-fire road block and pesticide of bitterness is forgiveness. That's why Your forgiveness is so meaningful and powerful Lord. It annihilates all pride, the seedling that germinates into stalks that become big and strong. I thank you for it, God, and I pray that it would multiply in my own heart to wipe away chinks in my armor that are designed to deflect the attacks of Hades. May I be shrewd enough today, God, to wisely see my own unforgiving heart and come before others with the same forgiveness that was granted to me.'
No comments:
Post a Comment