"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."
'Lord, sometimes I wish I had a veil that hid me from You. I know I don't really mean that, but I'm so ashamed of my sin sometimes that I can hardly pray. And when I focus on my sin and look in the mirror I hardly see Your glory. But I'm obviously focused on the wrong thing(s). What I see are the pimples, scars, wrinkles and imperfections. What You see is the original image of how I was created; righteousness through the lens of Your Son, Jesus. Help me today, Lord, to look past the blemishes and see what You see, never forgetting that it was because of those spots that the glory of Your Son could shine the brightest. What a contrast!
And to further think, Lord, that what I see every day is a mere reflection of reality. In other words, while I see the real thing, it's still only a reflection. One day I will behold Him face to face (cf. I Corinthians 13:12), and then I shall know and see fully, completely and as a sure reality the finished product of my transformation without having to look in a mirror. I think the glory will be so bright, so strong and so magnificent that I will hardly be able to stare at it but for my restored body to withstand such illumination.
Give me hope today, God. I feel myself turning inward, and I don't like it. I need to look up and try to see what You see, all because of my Jesus.'
No comments:
Post a Comment