Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ezekiel 11:19, 20


"Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people and I will be their God."


'Your patience, Lord, is astounding. Countless times You have said, "Thus says the Lord God:...", and just as many times the response has been no response at all. To disregard the Word of the Almighty takes a rebellious spirit that might seem unimaginable, but it's o' so common; in fact, it's common to all of mankind. Rebellion of that magnitude requires a heart of stone for sure, one that simply doesn't beat. And to then imagine, Lord, that I, too, once possessed that same kind of heart could itself be disheartening if I were to dwell there too long.


But no, You did not leave me there, cold, stony, impervious, and hardened, carrying around that rocky core surrounded by a fleshy garment. By Your doing, and Your doing alone, You did open heart surgery on me. And not only on me, but all You ordained to be malleable, beating with one heart in the same rhythm among the community of saints. Now, God, with my new life blood I'm able to walk in Your statutes, keep Your judgments and do them, not out of a sacrifice of sheer obedience, but out of a heart of love for Thee. Because Jesus has gone before me and wiped the slate clean, my "tabularasa" can now be adorned with the delectables of abundant life, both now and into eternity future.


God, You saved me on the operating table when I had no pulse at all. I could have died. My heart belongs to You, and now with that new vital organ giving life to all of me, I am Yours, and You are mine. I'm so happy.'


No comments:

Post a Comment