"Do you not know that we shall judge angels?"
'Lord, You have placed me in such a high position. Judging, perhaps ruling over angels, created beings that at the moment seem like they have greater, supernatural powers than me? Who am I that I might be honored with such ranking? I find this to be quite humbling, and also quite frightening. What authority, and what wisdom!
I often think of these things only becoming a reality on the other side of death. But You've said that I already possess enough wisdom to make judgments about weighty matters here on this earth. (cf. I Corinthians 6:5) That's because You've given me the wisdom that is from above, only available to me from the Bible and administered by the Spirit that was given to me. And the wisdom you offer me has "irony" written all over it; it's often completely counter to my natural inclinations. For example, You've asked me to be wronged. You've asked me to be defrauded. (cf. I Corinthians 6:7) My gut reaction to these things is to defend myself. The only thing I need to defend, Lord, is the purity of the gospel and if at the end of the day I get trampled upon for doing that, then let it be so and give me enough fortitude to withstand the temptation to rise up and prove myself right. Not only is revenge Yours (cf. Romans 12:19), but I also have the example of Jesus to show me the way. "... He did not open His mouth; Like a lamb that is led to slaughter, And like a sheep that is silent before its shearers, So He did not open His mouth." (Isaiah 53:7) Sometimes, Lord, the better part of wisdom is to keep my mouth shut. "The heart of the righteous ponders how to answer, But the mouth of the wicked pours out evil things." (Proverbs 15:28)
Lord, help me to speak wisdom today when I'm called to defend Truth, and cause me to be silent when I'm unjustly accused for doing right in the eyes of my King.'
No comments:
Post a Comment