Monday, April 6, 2009

I Corinthians 4:8a


"You are already full! You are already rich!"


'Imagine that, Lord. I have need of nothing else, absolutely nothing. You've filled my stomach, my storehouses are stuffed to the brim. You've lavishly deposited riches into my account, so much that I could never spend them all in a multitude of lifetimes. Indeed, You have supplied all of my "need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus". (Philippians 4:19) This gives me great pause for thanks and praise. I lift, give and offer these to You now. I received it all by no doing of my own, therefore may I never boast or think that I already possessed it, gained it, contributed toward it or deserved it. (cf. I Corinthians 4:6-7)


Also God, I pray that I wouldn't attempt today to substitute or add anymore to what I already have in You. By comparison, everything else is either junk food or counterfeit. These things are alluring, no doubt, but they deceive, lie and lead astray. Among those I will certainly taste today will be comfort, rest, relaxation and entertainment, none of which in and of themselves are harmful provided they don't subvert my passion for Jesus. And among those I will certainly see today include fame, fortune, status and glory. All of these belong to You, and You alone.


Right now, Lord, I'm satisfied. Don't let me get hungry enough to desire things other than the meat of Your Truth, and don't let me lose sight of Your glory to the point where I start redirecting it toward me.'


No comments:

Post a Comment