"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."
'God, I'm coming out of my skin. "... then face to face", "then I shall know fully"? I cannot believe (well, actually I do) that I am going to gaze into Jesus' face with my face one day. We're going to physically look into one another's eyes. I will see what the Apostles saw, but even more (although they see Him now). His crown of thorn scarred head, the holes in His hands, the piercing look from His eyes, the gentle touch of His embrace... all of that. And then to hear Him say, "Well done Thou good and faithful servant" (cf. Matthew 25:23) is all I want to hear and about all I can bear for now. The certain hope of this encounter motivates me, Lord, to want to live today as one who is good and faithful.
Right now my imagination is but a foggy-mirrored dream of what will come. It's hazy and out of focus. But what I don't know now will instantaneously be brought into 20-20 vision at the moment of glory. The fullness of Jesus will come to light. The radiance of His glory will be so bright that there will not be a need for the sun. I pray that what I do know will launch me forward to want to know more, and the more I know, the more I want to love, for that is the essence of what You're speaking to me here in this passage, Lord. Your great love poured out in Your Son is what motivates me to want to love more. (cf. I John 4:10-11, 19)
Yes, Lord, I can't wait, but for now I am satisfied and full with the knowledge and hope I possess. My love for Thee is infinite, to the extent I can know and give love. May it be evident to all, most of all You.'
No comments:
Post a Comment