Monday, April 20, 2009

I Corinthians 11:7b


"... he is the image and glory of God;"


'My goodness, Lord; this is almost too much to absorb and comprehend. In fact, not almost, but completely. I, Tom Kruggel, am created in Your image? This I've known, but have I apprehended it? Here I read Lord that I'm not only Your image, but Your glory. Your glory! Wow!!! When I really begin to think about what that means it just blows me away. Your splendor, Your majesty, Your weight, Your radiance are all part of who I am. To be in the likeness and share these attributes with God Almighty is more than I can bear; but for one thing, sin. As majestic and splendid as all of this is, it's been tainted by the poison of sin. No matter how hard I cling onto Your more than sufficient grace, I will never be fully released of the effects of it. I suppose I could allow this to discourage me, and in years past it most definitely would have. But not this morning, because I have a certain hope that's more than just wishful expectance. I am guaranteed restoration to full glory in the heavenlies (cf. I Corinthians 15:51-52), and it will happen in a flash. My mind is too finite to comprehend the infinitude of this transformation.


In the meantime, Lord, I come prepared today to be transformed more into the image of my Jesus and all His glory millimeter by millimeter. I renew my mind by the power of Your Word (cf. Romans 12:1-2), thereby sparking Your Spirit that lives within me and triumphing over those iniquities and transgressions that bring shame upon Your name. Thank You for forgiveness. (cf. I John 1:9) For now the mere confidence that I shall one day be made complete with You again brings overwhelming joy and zeal to "walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which" I've "been called". (Ephesians 4:1b)


Thank you, God.'


No comments:

Post a Comment